Saturday, February 18, 2017

Tech Humor - A Programmer's Revenge, Deal With Frustration At Work

Hello, this is bit different blog post. Usually I write blogs on very serious stuff like solving coding issues and about technologies and careers and about latest trends on IT industries etc. Now I feel that my blog is becoming very serious so I decided to write some blogs on lighter notes. Now you will read about funny things happened while working on projects some practical jokes on programming and all. I short I am going to add bit humor on my blog. In this first post I am going explain how I took revenge on end users of my projects.



A Programmer's Revenge


A programmer is a person who is working all days long in front of computers. He has to deal with all kind of annoying stuff like funny and impractical demands of customers, anger of his boss, anger of tester, humiliation from boss and team leaders or may be from co workers. A programmer deals everyday with these and more of the other things like.

  • Sudden change in requirements
  • Rewrite entire code again
  • Work rejected by client or team leaders
  • Do extra work without any rewards
  • No credit on successful completion
  • Tight deadlines or change in deadlines
  • No help from co workers of leaders
  • No motivation from boss and team leads
So in short a programmer is always in frustration most of the times and eager to take revenge but can't do that as he is afraid of loosing job or cut pay  etc. So here are some funny ways you can take out your frustration and nobody will notice it and still you will have some kind of satisfaction that you took revenge of all the humiliations, frustrations, disappointments etc.


Add Some Funny Comments and Lines in Code


This is the most hidden way to take out your frustration as no one els is going to look at source code except you and your team. Most of the time client is not going to see the source code so they will not read comments. Here are some example of comments I have used while I was working on projects to take out my frustration.

//Function : Name of Function
//Author : Hiren Dave
//Description : Use it at your own risk. Do not come to me crying if it crashes

Exception exp = new Exception("Some idiot entered wrong data");
throw exp;

if(!isNan(maxSalary)){
      //God has given brain to all human but some idiots still enter wrong data so we have to check.
       alert('Invalid Salary.');
       return;
}

//What's in the name? Yes everything is in name. It is necessary.

//I can't take it anymore I am exhausted, will fix it later.

//I just don't know why I am writing this code. It's unnecessary but it's part of my job so doing it.

So yes these are some comments I used over the time to take out my frustrations and took my revenge. You can also try this, it will surely help you to manage with your anger and frustration.

Play Shooting And Fighting Games


This is the other way I took out my frustration. Whenever I am frustrated and angry I play shooting and fighting games and squash the opponents in games to release anger and took my revenge virtually in games. Games really help in this matter as you are just hurting virtual characters in games. Here are some games I play for sometime to take out my frustration.

Whack Your Boss
Desert Rifle
Street Fights


These ways you can took your revenge and can deal with frustrations. Hope this helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment